Re: [DISCUSSION] Re-design of inlinetasks

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Re-design of inlinetasks
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 17:31:46 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> Why not simply
>
> #+begin_anonsection
> #+end_anonsection
>
> ?

Because with an inlinetask I can have something like this:

*************** TODO anonsec :tag:
                Content that has neither a title nor a section number.
*************** END

and a construction that for the purposes of parceling out the text
behaves like a section. The problem is the LaTeX side. Since there is no
support for anonymous sections in LaTeX (I seem to remember that some
special class like Koma had some command to introduce anonymous breaks,
but I only use the standard classes), I had to define an environment. It
is not inconvenient, since after all what appears in LaTeX is the
typographical result. For the Org side I can use TODO keywords, tags,
deadlines, etc.

--
Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com