Timed lists in org mode

From: Ribeiro, Glauber
Subject: Timed lists in org mode
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 13:55:03 +0000

All,

I often document the running of complex processes such as software installs by writing down a list with times like this:

08:00 – started

08:05 – prompt about debug data

08:07 – database update started

and so on. I seem to remember seeing a way to do this in org, where you just hit “enter” and the next line already gets populated with a time stamp. However, I haven’t been able to find it. Of course the format doesn’t need to be exactly that. Just the convenience of automatically adding the timestamp when I start a new line.

Does this exist in org? Or did I imagine it?

Thanks,

glauber

---

glauber.ribeiro@experian.com