Re: org-element--cache: Warning(izt.org): Got element without parent (ca

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-element--cache: Warning(izt.org): Got element without parent (cache active?: t)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:53:58 +0000

Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:

> Dear Ihow, I caught another org-element-cache warning.
> I started Emacs (after having problems with a botched
> configuration, which in turn uses babel...) and called
> the agenda like so:
>
>   (defun gz/org-agenda-list ()
>     "Show Org Agenda starting yesterday."
>     (interactive)
>     (org-agenda-list 0 "-1d")
>     (beginning-of-buffer)
>     (org-agenda-goto-today))
>
> and then I got this (see below).

Thanks for reporting!

>  ■  Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Warning(izt.org): Got
> element without parent (cache active?: t). Please report it to Org mode
> mailing list (M-x org-submit-bug-report).
> (node-property (:standard-properties [326858 326875 nil nil 0 326858 nil t
> nil nil nil node-property element nil #<buffer izt.org> nil nil nil] :key
> "VISIBILITY" :value "all"))
> Backtrace:
>   org-element-cache diagnostics(izt.org): Added new element with nil key:
> "(keyword

This is very strange. The error originates from a check in
`org-element--cache-verify-element' that only triggers when cache is
enabled, but I do not see node-property being recorded in the cache. I
am not sure how this could ever be possible.

May you try to reproduce the problem starting from emacs -Q, reducing
your Org file to some small file that can be shared?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,