Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries that perform side effects when loading?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 09:33:38 +0000

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> "Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> I'll chime in regarding inlinetasks: I used to use these *a lot* but I
>> found that drawers do what I needed in almost all cases very
>> effectively (for my use cases).
>
> It resonates with my experience too and I suspect (and kinda hope)
> many inlinetasks users will feel the same once they use drawers.

My personal use case is when using Org for authoring long texts.
I often leave inline tasks around the specific paragraph I need to
revise in future:

* Section XX
<paragraph 1>

<paragraph 2>

<...>

************************* TODO Consider explaining more about X
<paragraph N>

<...>

Then, I can easily review the manuscript status using sparse tree or
agenda view.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,