Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 10:08:03 -0500

Hi all; I added worg co-curator krupalinbox to CC.

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 8:41 AM Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> wrote:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
> > I may miss more org-related repositories from emacsorphanage list.

[SNIP]

> >> IMO it would be a good idea if Bastien and/or Ihor joined the
> >> emacsorphanage and explicitly added themselves to these packages as
> >> admins.
[SNIP]

> When that is not the case, then it is preferable to move a package to
> the orphanage, at least initially, and give the volunteer access there.
> That way we maintain some control; IMO we have an obligation to do that.
> We already had to make use of that control and revoke access a few times.

I would be happy to help with administration here.   I have a GitHub
account, as well as commit on bastian's sr.ht.

In fact, I wonder if worg curators should have some general
responsibilities to help with the orphanage.

Speaking for myself, I can help:
- send the various "let me know" emails discussed in this thread
- suggest packages that need love to (prospective) volunteers
- review the bonafides (experience/involvement and, via Eli/SM,
assignment status ) for prospective adopting maintainers
- assign permissions
- move repos
- apply well tested patches to orphaned packages

Of course, I understand and won't be offended should be more comfort
all around if Bastian and Igor take care of some or all of this
personally.

Irrespective of whether worg curators should help with this (or some
other vols, or just the org maintainers, or...), I think it would make
sense to document these "responsibilities" (and the detail of the
plans made in this thread, in general), along with the whos and hows.