Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:11:39 +0200

> Adding Jonas to the loop.
>
> For some more context, we are willing to help maintaining orphan
> Org-related packages if the requests are submitted to Org mailing list.

Thanks, and sorry I forgot about this.  I'll have to think about it some
more before I can make any general suggestions; today I am writing about
one package in particular that needs some help:

`htmlize' is currently maintained at https://github.com/hniksic/emacs-htmlize
but its maintainer hasn't been responding to any issues and pull-requests
for quite some time now and seems to be inactive on Github altogether.

(CCing Hrvoje, in case he has just turned of Github notifications.)

It seems to me it would be a good idea if Hrvoje gave one or more Org
maintainer commit access to this repository.  Alternatively we could
maintain it at https://github.com/emacsorphanage/htmlize, and I could
take care of giving commit access, but in that case Hrvoje would also
have to get involved briefly at least, to transfer the repository to
that organization.

Regardless of where this package will eventually end up being
maintained, it would be a good idea to keep it on Github at least until
most of the issues and pull-requests that have already been opened there
have been resolved.

     Cheers,
     Jonas