Re: [patch] ox-latex.el: fix blank lines behavior in verse block

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [patch] ox-latex.el: fix blank lines behavior in verse block
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 08:41:38 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

>>> I see nothing that would prevent merging this patch.
>>> However, I believe that removing blank lines before/after content is
>>> something we may want to do in other built-in backends as well. WDYT?
>>
>> I think you're right. My impression is that the blank lines before/after
>> content is not a desired feature, but rather a consequence of
>> substituting line breaks to create the space between stanzas.
>
> Do you mean that people use extra leading/trailing spaces just to get
> extra vertical space before/after the verse block in _latex_ export?

No, I don't think people use it for that purpose. I meant that if
someone puts a space before or after the content (which can be usual,
for clarity):

#+begin_verse

blah...

#+end_verse

that vertical space appears in the export, which shouldn't.

--
Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com