Re: [Bug] org-update-dblock randomly broken for more than 10 columns and

From: Jakob Schöttl
Subject: Re: [Bug] org-update-dblock randomly broken for more than 10 columns and larger files
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 09:56:05 +0200

Am 01.08.23 um 13:27 Ihor Radchenko:
Jakob Schöttl <jschoett@gmail.com> writes:

The structure of the org file is attached. I tried for two hours to
provide a minimal example org file but – like randomly – when I shorten
the file radically or remove fields from the colmunview it works. I
can't figure out what exactly makes org mode struggling.

Even if I delete all content in the file where lines do not start with
regex /^\*/ or /^:[a-zA-Z]/, the inserted table is incomplete.

Can someone help to debug this further?
It is hard to help much here without more details.
You may have to debug `org-dblock-write:columnview'.

What is your version of Org? Have you tried the latest dev version?
Latest release?

Thanks Ihor for your reply. I just checked, on NixOS latest stable, I still have emacs 28.2 and org mode 9.5.

I also noticed that org-dblock-write:columnview modifies the buffer and adds a lot of trailing whitespace to property lines, headings, and also normal lines.

I'll try to reproduce it on latest org mode...

- Jakob