Re: New Orgmode LaTex Document Class ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: New Orgmode LaTex Document Class ?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 13:34:41 -0700

> David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Mentioning the (previously mentioned) 'kpsewhich' for finding what are
>> the LaTex classes (etc.) to which Org can refer might be useful.  From
>> there, the newbie (like me) can go research what the classes can do in
>> the LaTeX manuals.
>
> Do you have specific section of the manual in mind?

I thought about it and, I think, a simple statement at the end of 13.10
(Latex Export) provides a start to help a newbie.  Something like:

----

If you have the LaTeX system installed, the 'kpsewhich' Linux command
can be used to help you find where things are installed to learn if the
LaTeX classes you want are already installed.  In particular:

  kpsewhich -show-path tex

This will show you the path of directories that are searched for classes
and such.  From there, you can use LaTeX documentation to learn more.
----

Hmm. Perhaps only the first sentence to give people a start on where to
look.

What do you think?

--
David Masterson