Re: Is there a better (built-in) way to insert an org link with title as

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Is there a better (built-in) way to insert an org link with title as description?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 09:49:17 +0700

On 21/07/2023 20:04, Arthur Miller wrote:
I copy a link from a readme file or a piece of code or elsewhere and
wish to stash it away in a note but not necessary open in a browser. You know,
"todo" to come back later for it :).

If a file is opened in Emacs then it sounds like a case for `org-capture' or `org-store-link'. Perhaps storing link is better compatible with `url-retrive' callback and it makes delay for `org-insert-link' due to network roundtrip less probable.

When I add a link to my notes, often I mention where I noticed it.

Anyway I suggest to split non-interactive part of the command to allow code
reuse (for drag and drop, etc.).

Tell me more here? Can I drag a link from one buffer into a note buffer, or how
can I use it?

My idea is to handle dropping of text into Org buffers. Currently it causes opening links in eww. I think, there are better options: convert from html to Org using pandoc and insert text, `org-capture', `org-store-link'. I have not tried to implement it. Currently I have just a couple of hints in my notes: `dnd-protocol-alist' and https://github.com/abo-abo/org-download/blob/master/org-download.el as an example of code.