Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [ANN] lisp/ob-tangle-sync.el
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 08:47:37 +0000

Mehmet Tekman <mtekman89@gmail.com> writes:

>> ... I will rewrite to to conform to the
>> `org-test-with-temp-text' examples.
>
> So I've just rewritten the `merge-params' testing function I
> wrote before, this time using the `org-test-with-temp-text'
> method/macro.

Side note: You are re-implementing the already available ERT features
for failed test reporting. Instead of controlling which tests failed
manually, you should better follow the example of all other tests and
simply use a sequence of `should'/`should-not' forms.

If you did that, ERT would by itself report which tests fail and why.

> I seem to be getting 5 failing tests for reasons that I'm not
> quite sure why. I've tested it against upstream/main, but still
> getting the same errors. Maybe you can try it and see where I'm
> going wrong?

I am getting the following failures:

6 Failed Blocks: (tangle-file-with-spaces
override-document-and-heading-tfile-with-yes
ignore-document-header-take-last-tfile-and-sync-action
inherit-document-tfile-take-only-last-local-sync-action
inherit-document-header-with-local-sync-action inherit-document-header-args)

> +  (let ((idtest-alist '((inherit-document-header-args
> +                         :tangle "\
> +#+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle /tmp/default_tangle.txt
> +* One
> +#+begin_src conf
> +  (:tangle . /tmp/default_tangle.txt)
> +#+end_src")

This is failing because of subtlety in `org-test-with-temp-text' that
inserts text after activating org-mode.
PROPERTY lines are only computed when org-mode is activated, unless you
explicitly call `org-set-regexps-and-options' to refresh them.

Your code does not refresh those and PROPERTY line is not being handled
by Org.

Same story for other tests with PROPERTY.

> +                        (tangle-file-with-spaces
> +                         :tangle "\
> +* One
> +:PROPERTIES:
> +:header-args: :tangle \"foo.txt\"
> +:END:
> +** Two
> +#+begin_src :tangle \"file with spaces.txt\"
> +   (:tangle . \"file with spaces.txt\")
> +#+end_src")))

This fails because you did not provide LANG for source block.
override-document-and-heading-tfile-with-yes test is also missing LANG.

P.S. There going to be Emacs meetup this Saturday, July 22
(https://emacs-apac.gitlab.io/announcements/july-2023/). I plan to be
there and, if you need it, we can try to resolve difficulties in more
interactive way.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,