Re: [TASK] Ensure built-in babel backend consistency (standard header su

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [TASK] Ensure built-in babel backend consistency (standard header support) and ad documentation to the manual (was: [Pre-PATCH v2] Add the capability to specify lexical scope in tangled files (was: Add new :lexical header argument))
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 08:53:54 -1000

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

AFAIK, most people assume that built-in backends are stable.
If they are not, it is a bug anyway. Or we should declare that we do not
maintain them.

I thought "declare that we do not maintain them" meant "move them to org-contrib". I'm not sure what you have in mind here.

I mean that we should work towards developing all the built-in backends
up to standards.

Basically, if a backend does not support a standard behaviour described in the manual, I call it a legitimate bug we should fix (sooner or later).

Great!

All the best,
Tom

--