Re: [Pre-PATCH v2] Add the capability to specify lexical scope in tangle

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH v2] Add the capability to specify lexical scope in tangled files (was: Add new :lexical header argument)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 08:12:26 +0000

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

>> Am I correct that language-specific header arguments are not yet
>> covered
>> in the manual?  I can't find any reference of "lexical" there.
>
> Yes, I believe so.  Language-specific header arguments for many
> languages are documented at
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/index.html.
> Several languages are not documented there; in these cases the
> documentation is typically in the source code.

It is actually slightly awkward that built-in babel backends are not
documented in the manual, while, for example, export backends are.

However, unless my memory deceives me, Bastien or Nicolas previously
voiced against adding babel documentation. Though I cannot find the
relevant discussion now and cannot recall the arguments (if there was
such discussion at all).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,