Re: [FR] Please add support for screenplay formatting

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [FR] Please add support for screenplay formatting
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 15:59:41 +0000

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

> To my mind, Org should not support every kind of markup/markdown format
> there is, but to the extent Fountain is the best format for screenplays,
> and Org is good for organizing bits of screenplays, I think maybe using
> Org-babel src blocks is the way to go?

I mostly agree, but wouldn't it be nice to support something other than
just LaTeX fragments? That's why I was asking about more details.

> Even without a dedicated ob-fountain package to support it, it can be
> used today for tangling screenplays from blocks of Fountain format with
> noweb syntax, editing blocks in fountain-mode, some limited syntax
> highlighting etc.

Sure. It is not exactly same with what Fionn asked for though.

Also, syntax highlighting in fountain src blocks should work with
engrave-faces.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,