Re: exporting to PDF multi-lingual document

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: exporting to PDF multi-lingual document
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 08:15:49 +0000

Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de> writes:

> The other problem: Not everyone does a full installation of TeX Live.
> So even if good fonts are available, they are not always installed on
> every system (but this part could be mitigated by documentation and/or
> error messages and hints).

Fair point.
I guess that a viable option could be (1) Having a list of fontsets that
will be tried on by one. (2) If none available, we can check the font
Emacs itself uses to render the buffer text and use them.

For (2), we have pretty good odds that the necessary fonts are already
installed and used by Emacs.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,