Re: Should Org provide commonly used link types?

From: jawatech
Subject: Re: Should Org provide commonly used link types?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 02:18:05 +0800

Jean Louis 於 2023/1/26 上午 12:40 寫道:
* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2023-01-25 15:56]:
What we can do is add some more known link types. Some of them will use
`browse-url' as :follow link parameter.

However, what are the link types which are worth including into the Org
code? I am looking into the protocols supported by Firefox now.
They are: mailto, news, nntp, snwes, afp, data, disk, disks, hcp, htp,
htps, http, iehistory, ierss, ile, javascript, le, mk, moz-icon,
ms-help, ms-msdt, ps, res, search, search-ms, shell, tps, ttp, ttps,
vbscript, vnd.ms.radio, and file.

I've uploaded my solution to https://github.com/jawatech/obafgkm which might interest you. Some highlights:

- Open PDF.js & ePub viewer in Electron

- Using ipc to communicate within electron between main / renderer threads

- Using http server to receive commands issued from emacs that controls pdf.js

- org-add-link-type is used to implement customized link type

Any comments are welcome.

Hope this helps.

jawatech