Re: How to disable org-persist in a given file?

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: How to disable org-persist in a given file?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:13:18 -0300

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 at 10:51, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> We can try (string-match mounted-file-systems default-directory).
> Will it work with your setup?

Wouldn't that exclude a lot of legitimate use cases?
Personally, I don't see an issue in this scenario of mine for Org to
handle. It's an exception I must handle.

> We cannot just disable persistence completely.
> For example, remote image export relies on persistence to be working
> _during_ Emacs session.
>
> What about file/directory-local variable that will redirect where to
> save cache?

I don't understand that. Isn't persistence about keeping data across
Emacs sessions?
Redirecting the cache is useful too. But, imho, there should be a way
to disable persistence altogether for sensitive data (or, at least,
any storage of data in other files, since I don't get what you mean by
persistence during a session). If `org-persist-before-write-hook' does
this, as I understand it does, adding a function there which just
returns the value of a variable defaulting to nil and safe-local if
booleanp, would be enough, wouldn't it? Or what am I missing?

> I think we can add a section near "Code Evaluation and Security Issues".

That would be appreciated, thank you.

Best,
Gustavo.