Re: A dream?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A dream?
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 05:16:19 +0300

* George Mauer <gmauer@gmail.com> [2023-04-03 18:17]:
> Emacs is a complex tool that itself can take a semester or more to get
> productive in. I know I myself tried for years to move to it and was only
> able to after learning vim bindings pretty well, and starting to use
> Spacemacs. Forcing students to use emacs, much less org - especially in
> this day and age where students *will* ask online, and *will* get a
> response of "no one actually uses that" - will probably meet with a ton of
> resistance.

We have got no problem to let staff members use Emacs in East
Africa. I have not get any protest yet, people are interested.

I have seen American surgeon and his brother from university totally
delighted with the usage of Emacs and "how everything works in one
program". They kept asking what is it.

Here is how to verify usability of Emacs, once you verify it, let us
know:

Usability 101: Introduction to Usability:
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-101-introduction-to-usability/

How Many Test Users in a Usability Study?:
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-many-test-users/

Usability Testing 101:
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-testing-101/

--