Re: [O] org-clock: Custom shortcuts for C-u C-c C-x C-i

From: Leo Gaspard
Subject: Re: [O] org-clock: Custom shortcuts for C-u C-c C-x C-i
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 18:46:38 +0100

Hi Michaël,

Michaël Cadilhac <address@hidden> writes:
> This is not possible out of the box; can you say a bit more about how
> you expect to indicate which tasks are to be always present?

I would be thinking of something like defining a list of key -> link to
a task (that may be generated with org-id's task ID, [[*foobar]] links
or whatever) in my `init.el`.

> A quick-and-dirty way to implement something along these lines is to
> modify org-clock-history-push to always keep a selected set of markers
> in org-clock-history.

Hmm… That sounds like it'd work, but would have a pretty terrible UX. I
guess I'll go with just using custom shortcuts for now, then, if there's
no easy way to integrate it with C-ucxi. (I don't feel like I'm ready to
dive into too intricate elisp yet)

Thank you for your feedback!
Cheers,
  Leo