Re: [O] Completely hide the :PROPERTIES: drawer in org-mode.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Completely hide the :PROPERTIES: drawer in org-mode.
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:32:28 +0100

Hello,

Michaël Cadilhac <address@hidden> writes:

> Agreed, hiding properties entirely seems overkill and quite limited in
> use cases.  However, I think this stems from a more general need to
> hide properties that are irrelevant to the user—for instance, UIDs
> created by ox-icalendar, or other internal properties.  As a user, I
> see no need whatsoever to see—let alone edit—such a property, and feel
> that it clutters the display.  Assuming that properties are edited
> using the suitable commands, no clash would be created by having a set
> P of properties such that drawers with only P-properties would be
> hidden.  What do you think?

Since properties drawers are almost exclusively folded, I don't think
incriminated properties clutter display. Besides, I don't think any
property is irrelevant to every user. How would we know?

More generally, I feel uneasy about completely hiding stuff. Org format
is not meant to be opaque. I think the current situation is fine, as far
as /core/ Org is concerned. Of course, users are free to extend it to
their own needs.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou