Re: [O] Bug: org-toggle-latex-fragment doesn't work as documented [9.2.1

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-toggle-latex-fragment doesn't work as documented [9.2.1 (release_9.2.1-60-gb0379f @ /home/carlos/local/stow/emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:51:46 -0300

> I suggest to make C-c C-x C-l a toggle with preference for previewing,
> that is: preview everything except when everything is already previewed.

Mmmm I think this is not easy since it would imply changing
org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlay return value:

         (if (org-remove-latex-fragment-image-overlays beg end)
         (progn
           (message "LaTeX fragment images removed from section")
           (throw 'exit nil))

One workaround is calling the toggle twice in order to force full
preview (in case the initial state contains at least one preview).
Since everything is cached the overhead is negligible or at least
tolerable.

Another option could be to add an optional 'force argument to the
toggle to simplify user bindings to a "force preview" key.

What do you think?