[O] Weird Headline Behavior

From: Scott Randby
Subject: [O] Weird Headline Behavior
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 15:54:50 -0500

Hello,

I've been noticing some unusual behavior when I manipulate headlines (Org 9.2).

I have the following (or something similar) at the very end of many Org files:

* LOCAL VARIABLES
# Local Variables:
# mode: org
# coding: utf-8-unix
# End:

If I copy this subtree (C-c C-x M-w) and then yank it (C-c C-x C-y) into into
the same file or another file, only the headline is yanked, the rest of the
subtree is not.

In addition, if I decide to delete a different headline in the file (C-c C-x
C-w) while the LOCAL VARIABLES headline is folded, then this appears on the
display:

* LOCAL VARIABLES...# Local Variables:
# mode: org
# coding: utf-8-unix
# End:

I don't know if these facts are relevant or not, but this behavior happens when
org-indent-mode is both on and off, and I have org-tags-column set to 0.

The folding behavior is not big deal since S-TAB or something similar corrects
everything, but it is inconvenient to have to use regular copy and yank
commands when I want to copy the subtree to a different file. Can anyone
provide some insight into this?

Scott Randby