Re: [O] Key bindings for Org export back-ends?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Key bindings for Org export back-ends?
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 06:51:01 -0500

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019, 3:28 AM Jens Lechtenboerger <address@hidden wrote:

- org-reveal [3]: R
- org-re-reveal [4]: r (conflict with RSS)

I see that org-re-reveal is based off org-reveal. So do you see a use case where people would `require' both org-reveal and org-re-reveal? If not, then using the same binding as that of org-reveal should be fine too.

Where could we document the resulting list?

I'm pretty sure there are many more Org backends out there. For example, I have a little ox-minutes backend that uses the M binding (and overrides the binding for ox-man, but that's fine for me as I don't use ox-man).

We can start collecting a list of all Org backends on the Worg wiki. That's a good idea. But doing so in order to not override the binding of some other backend might not be possible.

I’m thinking of changing org-re-reveal to p (for presentation) or v
(as occurring letter).

What about R as I suggested above?

  Or C-r?  So far, no back-end uses the
control key.  Any reasons not to do this?

You could probably use C-<letter>, but one has to ensure that it doesn't override the inbuilt bindings like C-s (C-c C-e C-s ..). Also, not sure if that override would actually be effective.