Re: [O] org-today broken

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] org-today broken
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 20:10:32 -0500

Hi Marco,

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Occasionally I like to bend time to see what the agenda would look like
> if another day was current.  This can be achieved conveniently when
> solely function "current-time" is the source for the current time.
>
> So I'm all for using the explicit calls to current-time instead of using
> alternatve sources for the current time.

Sorry for making your time travel harder :]

Emacs's c75f505dea6 argues for replacing current-time calls with nil
where possible because "nil is a bit more efficient and should have less
timing error".  But if there are any particular spots where you'd like
to use current-time for the reasons you give above, please feel free to
make those changes.  (There are already quite a few places where I've
done this because we depend on overriding current-time in tests.)

--
Kyle