Re: [O] bug with special entities and (setq org-catch-invisible-edits t)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] bug with special entities and (setq org-catch-invisible-edits t)?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 22:43:18 +0200

Hello,

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> If I have (setq org-catch-invisible-edits t) and run
> (org-toggle-pretty-entities), then I get an error if I type: F_{A} and
> try to continue typing.
>
> user-error: Edit in invisible region aborted, repeat to confirm with text
> visible
>
> If I set that variable to nil, it works fine, and it also works fine for
> F_A.
>
> This is with:
> Org-mode version 8.3.5 (8.3.5-1-g589e96-elpaplus @
> /Users/jkitchin/vc/jkitchin-github/scimax/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160822/)
>

> Is that a bug, or expected?

Somewhere in-between. It's broken, editing sub/super-script can be very
tedious, but the proper behaviour is yet to be defined. The proof is all
the possible values for `org-catch-invisible-edits' (which is mostly
focused on preventing edition of folded contents, and is unrelated to
invisible text like links and sub/super-script).

Maybe brackets in sub/super-scripts not be made invisible, only
minified.

What do you expect instead?

Regards,

--