Re: [O] Fwd: comment lines inside org tables

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: comment lines inside org tables
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 07:18:39 -0400

Use a footnote? It's just a temporary reminder right?

On September 27, 2016, at 6:56 AM, "Rolf Sander (MPI)" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I need to put comments inside a very big table which then should
basically looks like this:

|--------+-------+--------|
| animal | size  | number |
|--------+-------+--------|
| gnus   | big   |      3 |
# don't forget to add elephants here:
| gnats  | small |   1000 |
|--------+-------+--------|

However, if I simply add a line in the middle of the table, org-tbl
splits it into separate tables with different column widths:

|--------+------+--------|
| animal | size | number |
|--------+------+--------|
| gnus   | big  |      3 |
# don't forget to add elephants here:
| gnats | small | 1000 |
|-------+-------+------|

If I start the comment line with "|", the comment becomes an active part
of the table and goes into the first column:

|-------------------------------------+-------+--------|
| animal                              | size  | number |
|-------------------------------------+-------+--------|
| gnus                                | big   |      3 |
| don't forget to add elephants here: |       |        |
| gnats                               | small |   1000 |
|-------------------------------------+-------+--------|

If I start the comment with "|-", it turns into a line separator and the
comment text disappears.

Any suggestions?

       Best regards
              Rolf

    Rolf Sander                              phone: [+49] 6131/305-4610
    Max-Planck Institute of Chemistry        email: address@hidden
    PO Box 3060, 55020 Mainz, Germany     homepage: www.rolf-sander.net
                 www.atmospheric-chemistry-and-physics.net
                  www.geoscientific-model-development.net