Re: [O] Add org-bookmark-heading to Org proper?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Add org-bookmark-heading to Org proper?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 19:11:20 +0200

Hello,

Adam Porter <address@hidden> writes:

> The indirect feature could be left out as well, but I find it so useful
> that I think it might be worth including so that users can try it.  It
> really transforms the way I use Org, especially in combination with some
> other functions I have that use indirect buffers when jumping to items
> from the agenda.  It wouldn't need to be enabled by default, of course.
> But it's not strictly necessary, so I won't fight you on that if you
> want to leave it out.  ;)

I think controlling how the bookmark locations are displayed is
a different feature, which may fit better in Bookmark than in Org.

We could introduce a generic hook somewhere so that to permit users
adding their own display mechanism. However, the variable is, IMO, too
specific.

On another topic, by looking at bookmark.el, it seems you shouldn't
create the internal representation of the bookmarks by hand, and use
setters instead (e.g., `bookmark-set-filename').

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou