Re: [O] Feedback on changes to org-id

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Feedback on changes to org-id
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:47:26 +0100

Hi Adam,

2016ko irailak 22an, Adam Porter-ek idatzi zuen:

> Personally, I wish org-id-find would not be removed, because I use it in
> org-bookmark-heading, e.g.:

Any change to the API would leave in place a compatibility alias for a
significant period of time (at least one major version of Org), and
there would be deprecation warnings to encourage package authors to
switch to the new API.  So packages like yours would continue to work
without interruption, and they could eventually move to the new API at
the appropriate time (as judged by their authors).

--
Aaron Ecay