Re: [O] [org-src, patch] colored source blocks

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] [org-src, patch] colored source blocks
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:22:41 +0100

Hi Rasmus,

The patch in general LGTM.  One comment/question, though:

2016ko irailak 21an, Rasmus-ek idatzi zuen:

[...]

> +(defcustom org-src-block-faces nil
> +  "Alist of faces to be used for source-block.
> +Each element is a cell of the format
> +
> +     (\"language\" FACE-OR-BACKGROUND)
> +
> +Where FACE-OR-BACKGROUND is either a face, an anonymous face, or
> +a string corresponding to a background color.

Why do you support a background color string here?  I think that it’s
easy to specify faces which consist of a background color only both in
lisp [(:background "XXX") vs. "XXX"] and via the customize interface.
So this flexibility seems to just introduce additional complications for
virtually no benefit in usability.  But maybe I’m missing something...?

--
Aaron Ecay