[O] org-ref: renaming/moving an entire pdf library according to a bibtex

From: Martin Leduc
Subject: [O] org-ref: renaming/moving an entire pdf library according to a bibtex file
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 23:25:04 -0400

Hi,

I just discovered org-ref recently and would like to manage my entire pdf library with it. Basically, my set-up is a folder containing many scientific papers in pdf, and a bibtex file containing most of the entries related to these pdfs.

My bibtex file is well linked to org-ref and I have already moved several pdfs into the bibtex-pdfs/ folder so that they can be opened easily using their bibtex entry. However, I found this to be a lot of work for moving/linking only a few pdfs. I'm wondering if there is a way to automate that.

When I'm moving one of my pdfs onto the emacs window with the bibliography opened, it tries to download the pdf from the web using the doi (if found). However, is there a way to bypass the download (because I already have the file) and to directly move/rename the pdf to the bibtex-pdfs/ folder while validating my bibtex entry (or creating a new one, does not matter) ?

Thanks for helping,
Martin