Re: [O] adding "wrap=off" option to textarea for HTML export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] adding "wrap=off" option to textarea for HTML export
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 13:54:36 -0400

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm preparing some documentation, exported to HTML, that includes the
> output of a src block.  Because this output is rather long, I have
>
> #+attr_html: :textarea t :height 20
>
> before the results of the src block.  This generates the correct
> <textarea> form in the HTML output.  The text area form's width is
> automatically set to the text width using CSS.  The problem is that some
> of the output lines in the src block results are quite long and they
> wrap; this looks ugly.
>
> To turn wrapping off, I would need to add 'wrap="off"' to the textarea
> form as this option cannot be controlled using CSS unfortunately.  I
> don't see any way to do this from org.
>
> Any suggestions on how to accomplish this, assuming it is possible?

Can you add a post-processing hook? A simple text replacement might be enough.

Or modify the textarea function to understand :wrap - not sure whether Nicolas
would accept a patch though:

(defun org-html--textarea-block (element)
  "Transcode ELEMENT into a textarea block.
ELEMENT is either a src block or an example block."
  (let* ((code (car (org-export-unravel-code element)))
         (attr (org-export-read-attribute :attr_html element)))
    (format "<p>\n<textarea cols=\"%s\" rows=\"%s\"
wrap=\"%s\">\n%s</textarea>\n</p>"
            (or (plist-get attr :width) 80)
            (or (plist-get attr :height) (org-count-lines code))
            (or (plist-get attr :wrap) "on")
            code)))

Untested.

--