[O] Improving debugging experience of latex errors on export

From: Giacomo M
Subject: [O] Improving debugging experience of latex errors on export
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 16:18:05 +0200

Dear all,

I'm using latexmk w/ pdflatex for my org2pdf exports. When I get a "PDF file produced with errors.", then I go to "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" buffer to try to understand what is happening.

If I open the generated .tex w/ the default latex mode, I tex-compile it (C-c C-c) w/ latexmk and then press "C-c `" to see the errors, I have the original tex buffer on the lef with the cursor positioned around the area of error, and a clear(er than before) explanation of the problem in a buffer on the right.

I was wondering whether this latex "debugging" setup could be also used during org export, and how, or more generally how I can improve the debugging experience of latex export errors.

Thanks a lot,

Giacomo