Re: [O] org-link-set-parameters missing in ELPA version

From: Heikki Lehvaslaiho
Subject: Re: [O] org-link-set-parameters missing in ELPA version
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 12:34:31 +0300

I've been experiencing similar problems with increasing annoyance level for over a month. Thanks to these comments I think I got to the bottom of it!

The MELPA package org-mac-link (latest is org-mac-link-20160808.220) has clearly continued being updated with new code that include calls to org-link-set-parameters. The org-mac-link.el in package org-plus-contrib has the code that works with org v8. Everyone who has been using MELPA, especially with use-package, to load org-mac-link.el has not been using the code in org-plus-contrib.

I removed the downloaded org-mac-link package files and the corresponding depends-on line from my Cask file, and reverted to old require syntax to load org-mac-link . Problem solved.

     -Heikki

Heikki Lehväslaiho - skype:heikki_lehvaslaiho cell: +358 40 850 6640
http://about.me/heikki