Re: [O] Org links, URLs and HTML export

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Org links, URLs and HTML export
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:30:34 +0200

Fabrice Popineau writes:
> I can insert : [[http:bar.html]]
> However, I would like to be able to insert any kind of relative url.
> Specifically, there is no mean to insert something
> like : [[http:/bar.html]] which is exported to <a href="http:/bar.html"></a>
> The corresponding export should be <a href="/bar.html"></a>

But that's an absolute URL, provided a well-defined base URI exists (the
authority is implied and the path component starts with a slash, so it
would start in the root).

> Strangely, some browsers grok the former (Chrome), but not all of them
> (Safari).

Then Safari either has a bug or it determines the base URI differently
than Chrome.

> Anyway, only the later is correct.

I don't think so.  You might want to read

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986

specifically the part about the translation of relative URI.

Regards,
Achim.