Re: [O] new link parameters and link abbreviations

From: Martin Carlé
Subject: Re: [O] new link parameters and link abbreviations
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 09:25:13 +0300

Thank you for this confirmation of the abbreviation issue.

> I would suggest just defining short links ;)

Well, there are limits to this approach e.g. file+mnl {mnl = myNewLink}.
Furthermore, link definitions then tend to become pretty cryptic :-(.

Optimally, the 'org-link-abbrev-alist' could (optionally) even been made
buffer-local, in order to safe typing efforts in different work context.

I wouldn't mind changing the abbreviation syntax, if necessary.

> It seems like you can probably build the abbreviation functionality into the
> follow function
> right?

Don't really get what you mean by this.

--
Fetch my gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7E3CA33F