Re: [O] Sharing documents with bibtex bibliography from org to non-org u

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Sharing documents with bibtex bibliography from org to non-org users
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:00:16 -0400

On 2016-08-17 at 01:30, Martin Leduc <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ken, I tried the Pandoc solution first and the result appears quite
> satisfying to me. In the docx document, I can see citations,
> bibliography, figures and even equations. I will keep note of your
> first suggestion if I face issues with pandoc.

Pandoc does work well, but I notice you didn't say tables. Does it do that for
you well? For me, they are unreadable, with each column a full page width, and
the table therefore far too wide.

I think I run into a another common problem though where my Org text has words
like "\(x\) = 42 kg m\(^{-3}\)". I think this is correct LaTeX syntax?

Anyway, in pandoc "x" is properly exported as a math symbol, but it doesn't
look very good and has a box around it. The m^-3 is not exported properly. I
see a "m", and then an empty math box, and then the superscript "-3".

If I do Org -> ODT, the "x" is not technically correct, but looks better. It is
just italicized. The exponent is properly written next to them without an empty
math box between the two.

If someone has a different suggestion for how to write this in Org for
pandoc->DOCX, I'd be grateful, because references and figures are handled
better by pandoc than Org -> ODT.

  -k.