Re: [O] Bug: keys C-c C-c do not update in Emacs app, but in Terminal em

From: Maria Shinoto
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: keys C-c C-c do not update in Emacs app, but in Terminal emacs
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 09:14:09 +0900

Aloha again,

now I checked as far as I could.

I get this response to "M-x org-version":

Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /Users/mariashinoto/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160808/)

This should be OK according to the FAQ.

Next step would be to go through the output of "list-load-path-shadows" according to the FAQ. But: What is it, how can I get there, how can I modify, what do I have to look for?

Thanks for any help,
Maria

Am 14.08.16 um 08:58 schrieb Thomas S. Dye:
Aloha Maria,

When I press Ctrl-h v and type org-planning-line-re <RET>, I get this:

,------------------------------------------------------------------------
| org-planning-line-re is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is "^[        ]*\\(\\(?:CLOSED\\|DEADLINE\\|SCHEDULED\\):\\)"
|
|   This variable may be risky if used as a file-local variable.
|
| Documentation:
| Matches a line with planning info.
| Matched keyword is in group 1.
`------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not an expert, but I think your installation might be mixed, which
sometimes happens installing Org mode from ELPA.  See
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#mixed-install.

hth,
Tom

Maria Shinoto writes:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help、I tried the options, but CUA Keys were not
selected. There is nothing about CUA keys in my .emacs file either.

Now I put on the Debugger -- unfortunately, I do not know anything about
elisp.

I set the cursor on a list item line with checkbox marked "X" and typed
C-c C-c, getting the typical message:

"Symbol's value as variable is void: org-planning-line-re"

This is the message I got in the Debugger, I hope this gives a hint to
my problem:

***************************
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-planning-line-re)
  org-element--current-element(330 element planning nil)

        \n" beginning-of-line throw exit :parent re-search-backward
:contents-begin
   :end outline-next-heading input-pending-p time-less-p current-time
interrupt org-element--current-element
:structure org-add-props plist-put org-element--cache-put plain-text eql
headline section inlinetask
plain-list item property-drawer node-property table table-row
:contents-end (plain-list table) ...] 9)
  org-element--parse-to(142)
  org-element-at-point()

   [next restriction object-data completep objects parent
org-element--object-lex throw exit
:end get-text-property 0 plist-get nil :begin found :parent
org-add-props plist-put t
element property cache-limit pos object --dolist-tail-- value v] 6)
:begin get-text-property 0
plist-get throw exit :end :contents-begin :contents-end (32 9) (32 9)
plain-text property pos
last cend cbeg end org-element-object-restrictions restriction] 7)
org-element--cache-put
org-element--affiliated-re org-element-parsed-keywords tag
org-complex-heading-regexp end org-comment-string ...] 7)
  org-element-context()
  org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c(nil)
  call-interactively(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c nil nil)
  command-execute(org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c)

***************************

Maria

PS I had to delete all byte-code in order to get the message sent.
Really feel like a beginner...

Am 13.08.16 um 19:45 schrieb Axel Kielhorn:

   >> Am 13.08.2016 um 09:41 schrieb Maria Shinoto <address@hidden>:

   >> Hi,
   >>
   >> I am learning Org-mode and Emacs on a Mac, and got everything working
   >> fine, except for the key combination C-c C-c.
   >>
   >> C-c C-c should update states in certain contexts, e.g. toggle the
state of a check box and the counter of tasks finished in the header of
such a check box list.

   >> In the Emacs UI for Mac (not Aquamac), this key combination does not
   >> work, it is org mode version 8.2.10.
   >>
   >> It does work when I call emacs from the terminal though, where
org-mode version is 4.67c.

   >> Is there something wrong with the newer Org mode versions?
   >
   > You probably have „Options | Use CUA Keys“ set in the GUI Version.
   > This maps C-C, C-X, C-V to copy, cut, paste.
   >
   > Since the default is off (nil) you may have activated it somehow,
maybe an init.el you copied from somewhere?