Re: [O] Scaling of image previews in org-mode

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Scaling of image previews in org-mode
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:44:06 -0400

Certainly it could be adapted to other modes, at least for showing the
images. If there was a way to parse resizing info, or set it via
variables, you could also get resized images. The key is hooking into
font-lock and detecting where images are.

The basic framework is laid out here:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2016/03/21/Displaying-image-overlays-on-image-filenames-in-Emacs/

That example had imagemagick compiled in, but it could be adapted pretty
readily to use an external imagemagick..

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F