Re: [O] ANNOUNCE: GNU Hyperbole 6.0.1 for Emacs 24.4 - 25 is released

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] ANNOUNCE: GNU Hyperbole 6.0.1 for Emacs 24.4 - 25 is released
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:12:26 -0400

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016, at 01:16 PM, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
>> Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > GNU Hyperbole (pronounced Ga-new Hi-per-bo-lee), or just Hyperbole, is
>> > an amazing programmable hypertextual information management system
>> > implemented as a GNU Emacs package.  This is the first public release
>> > in 2016.
>>
>> Wow, blast from the past. I remember using older versions of Hyperbole
>> fondly and still miss it. Thank you for updating it. I look forward to
>> using it. :-)
>
> Yes, I remember using Hyperbole years ago, and trying unsuccessfully to
> resurrect it several times in recent years. I'm very glad to see it
> again!

Me too: I last used it about 20 years ago I think. It then went dormant
afaik and building the version I had saved became harder with every
subsequent emacs release; finally I abandoned it - and a few years later
stumbled onto org-mode!  But it was the first hyperlink system I used
and I have always had a soft spot for it. I just installed it and am
trying it out again. Good to have it back!

--
Nick