[O] bug#23917: Please consider making Bug #23917 a blocker for 25.1 (was

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: [O] bug#23917: Please consider making Bug #23917 a blocker for 25.1 (was Re: org-capture: Capture template ‘g’: Match data clobbered by buffer modification hooks)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:24:59 +0200

(I'm moving this discussion to the bug, let me know if that's not OK)

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Alex Bennée <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, "N. Jackson" <address@hidden>,
>> address@hidden
>> Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 18:28:36 +0100
>>
>> I've just uninstalled the ELPA installed org and run into the same
>> problem with the bundled version. It certainly doesn't happen with all
>> my capture templates but this particular entry with %a and %c does
>> trigger the error. From my *Messages:
>>
>>     Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree
>>     org-capture: Capture template ‘g’: Match data clobbered by buffer
>> modification hooks
>>     "/home/alex/src/emacs/install/share/emacs/25.0.95/lisp/org/org.elc"
>
> Can you come up with a reproducible recipe, starting with "emacs -Q",
> and then loading everything required for the reproduction?  Otherwise,
> I don't see how this problem could be resolved, given the sadly small
> number of people on board who are capable of debugging such problems.

Make sure that you have org-20160704 from elpa.

# emacs -Q

;evaluate the following
(custom-set-variables
 '(package-selected-packages
   (quote
    (org-20160704))))
(package-initialize)

; Now do:

C-x C-f ~/.notes
M-x org-mode
M-x org-capture

; This should result in:
Capture template ‘t’: Match data clobbered by buffer modification
hooks

I've tried to follow who clobbers it via GDB, but I keep getting
lost. For me it's always search_regs.end[sub] that has the unexpected
value.

Regards

Robert