Re: [O] how to speed up an org-mode file?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] how to speed up an org-mode file?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 18:34:08 -0400

I find it sometimes helpful to narrow to a section in large documents.

On July 10, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Leo Noordhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes. You obviously have ample resources in that area!

Op zo 10 jul. 2016 21:05 schreef Sharon Kimble <address@hidden>:
Leo Noordhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe an (too ?) obvious suggestion: Get more memory ?

I'm working on a computer with 16g of ram and 31g of swap, which would
be adequate for almost anything I think. At the moment getting more ram
isn't a viable option, I have to stick with what I've already got.

Thanks
Sharon.

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 at 16:37 Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     I'm working on an org-mode file about cancer which is 945.1kb, is
>     converted to a tex file of 1.0mb and a pdf of 2.0mb with 505 pages. The
>     conversion is done through this code snippet '(global-set-key (kbd
>     "s-#") 'org-latex-export-to-latex)'. There is no problem with the
>     conversion to tex or conversion to pdf.
>
>     However, the org-mode file is increasingly slowing down and becoming
>     difficult to move about within the file, and also enter new information
>     within it.
>
>     How then can I speed it up within the org file please?

TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.0.95