Re: [O] more than 2 indexes in org-mode -> latex

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: [O] more than 2 indexes in org-mode -> latex
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 08:45:21 +0100

Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> writes:

> How many indexes can you have in an org-mode document exported to latex?
> My experience shows 2! So how can I have 3, or more please?
>
> This is the relevant part, I think, of my preamble of my file -
>
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{imakeidx}
> #+latex_header: \makeindex[title=Index,options=-s
> ./index.ist,columnseprule,intoc]
> #+latex_header: \makeindex[name=ps,title=Index of Symptoms,options=-s
> ./index.ist,columnseprule,intoc]
> # #+latex_header: \makeindex[name=se,title=Index of Side-effects,options=-s
> ./index.ist,columnseprule,intoc]
>
> I can have any choice of 2, but not 3 as I would like.
>
> In a 'straight' latex file using the above commands I can have 3 or
> more, so how do I get it to allow 3 or more in org-mode please?

Answering my own question and saying you've made a cock-up! I'm using
the 'morewrites' package and if you include it after setting up the
indexes you will get this result with using 3 indexes -

(/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/latex/morewrites/morewrites.sty
(/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/latex/morewrites/primargs.sty)
! No room for a new \write.
address@hidden@ck ...message {No room for a new \string #4}
                                                  \fi \fi
l.34 \newwrite \g__morewrites_iow

But if you put morewrites before the index setup, then 3 or more indexes
work perfectly well, with absolutely zero problems.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.0.95