Re: [O] agenda start date

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] agenda start date
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:35:57 +0200

Hello,

"Francis J. Monari, Esquire" <address@hidden> writes:

> # error shown is: Wrong type argument:  sequencep, t
> # commenting out the following lines seems to make part of the agenda work.
> # (org-agenda-span 'month)
> # (org-agenda-start-day (org-read-date nil nil "-01m 01d")) ;trying to start
> at the first of the prior month
> # problems seem to occur around the end of the month.
> # 07 works
> # 14 works
> # 21 works
> # 22 works
> # 27 works
> # 28 does not work
> # 31 does not work
> # if I substitute
> # (org-agenda-start-day (org-read-date "01")) for
> # (org-agenda-start-day (org-read-date nil nil "-01m 01d"))
> # then the agenda works
> # if I just remove the org-agenda-start-day, then the agenda fails
> # org-mobile-push work, however, I would like to automate the selection of
> the first day of the current month.

I am a bit puzzled.

I can reproduce the error even when commenting out the expressions
mentioned. I can also reproduce the error when substituting parameters,
as you suggest, in `org-read-date'.

It looks like the problem comes from "diary-lib.el". For example,
evaluating the following sexp

  (let ((entry "14:30 @<description>")
        (date '(6 22 2016)))
    (diary-remind
     '(and (diary-float t 3 -1) (not (or (diary-date 2016 6 29))))
     '(-7)
     nil))

returns the very same error you're experiencing, even though Org is not
involved at all.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou