Re: [O] Programmatically constructing org documents

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Programmatically constructing org documents
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:12:20 -0400

After some more thought, I am not sure it is possible to setup just a
parse tree for this. It works ok for src blocks, e.g.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-element--interpret-data-1
 '(src-block
   (:language "emacs-lisp" :switches nil :parameters ":results code"  :value
"(org-element-context)\n" :post-blank 1 :parent nil))
 nil)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results code
: (org-element-context)
: #+END_SRC
:

On the other hand, it isn't clear how to use this to make a table.

e.g. this table:

| 5 | 6 |
| 6 | 7 |

was represented as an element like this.

(table
 (:begin 5133 :end 5154 :type org :tblfm nil :contents-begin 5133 :contents-end
5153 :value nil :post-blank 1 :post-affiliated 5133 :parent nil))

There is no data in that representation, just points in the buffer where
the data is. Does anyone know how to do this?

Related to this, I have wanted to be able to have code blocks output
full figures and tables with captions and attributes. I usually do this by
building
up strings and using :results org drawer, but it might be nice to build
an element and render it.

I feel like what you really want is this:
http://oremacs.com/2015/01/23/eltex/ for org-mode.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F