Re: [O] Does org-nofity uses dbus?

From: Xi Shen
Subject: Re: [O] Does org-nofity uses dbus?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:16:39 +0000

Well~that's good news. But I think dbus requires X11 to work. But in Cygwin environment, people usually do not configure a full X11 environment.

Besides, for org-notify, could dbus help it playing a notification sound on Windows? Or popup a notification message?

So what I am thinking is to get some Windows native behavior for org-notify on Windows/Cygwin environment.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 10:25 PM Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> wrote:

Le 21 juin 2016 16:14, "Xi Shen" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Yeah...getting dbus to work on Windows will be hard.

Actually, not so much. Dbus does work on windows. It doesn't work right now on emacs. I'm looking into it.

Fabrice

--

Thanks,
David S.