[O] Upper or lower case in BEGIN_SRC and other keywords

From: William Denton
Subject: [O] Upper or lower case in BEGIN_SRC and other keywords
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:13:07 -0400 (EDT)

When I use the <s shortcut for #+BEGIN_SRC, Org puts it in upper case. And #+RESULTS is in upper case too. I noticed other people have these keywords in lower case in examples or config files, so I looked in the manual, which says [1]

"Org uses option keywords (like #+TITLE to set the title) and environment keywords (like #+BEGIN_HTML to start a HTML environment). They are written in uppercase in the manual to enhance its readability, but you can use lowercase in your Org files."

There's a footnote [2] that says:

"Easy templates insert lowercase keywords and Babel dynamically inserts #+results."

How come this doesn't happen for me? I don't see any variable that's making things default to upper case for me.

This isn't a problem ... I'm just curious.

Bill

[1] http://orgmode.org/org.html#Conventions
[2] http://orgmode.org/org.html#fn-3

--