[O] how do you select tasks for clocking in?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: [O] how do you select tasks for clocking in?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 08:24:55 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to consistently use org-clock, but I'm encountering a big
obstacle: task selection. I very often do not start working on a task as
I'm in my main org file, so to clock it in I would first need to find it
there, which is a big enough hurdle for me not to do it. Ideally, I
would like to have a global key that I hit that let me choose with
ivy/helm/ido one task from my agenda files and start clocking it.

Does such a thing exist? If not, how do you start clocking in?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂, Mauna Loa Obs. 2015-05: 403.94, 2016-05: 407.70