Re: [O] org copied a few files to ~/.org-timestamps

From: Mirko Vukovic
Subject: Re: [O] org copied a few files to ~/.org-timestamps
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:58:49 +0000 (UTC)

Mirko Vukovic <Mirko.vukovic <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> (org 8.3.4 on Emacs 24.4.1 on Windows 7)
>
> Some of my org-files are ending up in ~/.org-timestamps.
>
> For example, the file ~/org/general.org also has a copy on ~/.org-
> timestamps.  This copy was generated a few days ago.
>
> Any thoughts on why that would happen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mirko

I did a bit of digging:

Only files that reside in ~/org and that are loaded via the agenda are
then reassigned to the ~/.org-timestamps directory.  If I manually load
the file, then it is not reassigned to that directory.

I used this code snippet to identify them:
  (save-excursion
    (let (matches)
      (dolist (buffer (buffer-list))
        (let ((file-name (buffer-file-name buffer)))
          (when (and file-name
                     (string-match "org-timestamps" file-name))
            (push file-name matches))))
      (reverse matches)))

Mirko