Re: [O] Some LaTeX Beamer / org-mode questions

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Re: [O] Some LaTeX Beamer / org-mode questions
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:37:05 +0200

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 12:26:07 +0200
Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Florian Lindner <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:53:52 +0200
> > Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> Are you sure you are using an up-to-date version of Org?
> >> M-x org-version should return 8.3.something.
> >
> > Ah, you were right. I used the builtin org version.
> >
> > It works now, however, when I set the title:nil is does not produce
> > a title page at all.
> >
> > #+BEGIN_LATEX
> > \maketitle
> > #+END_LATEX
>
> Or:
>
> @@latex:\maketitle@@.
>
> What exactly are you missing from the standard title page support of
> Org?

Nothing really, but when I use title:t, org mode sets a
\title{presentation} in the tex file which overwrites my own title. If
I set title:nil, it sets \title{} still overwriting my own title.

> > inserts a title page, but after the table of contents.
> >
> > Any way to work around that?
>
> Yes, the #+TOC keyword combined with the option toc:nil.

Ah, ok, I think I got using these settings now:

#+startup: beamer
#+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
#+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_THEME: Boadilla

#+BEGIN_LATEX
\author[me]{me and the coauthors}
\title[short title]{long title \\ next line}
\subtitle{subtitle}
\institute[short institute]{long institute}
\maketitle
#+END_LATEX

As I said, all I want is to have a standard title page followed by a
toc, but I need to set also the short version of title, institute and
author.

Well it works, albeit not very elegant.

Best,
Florian