Re: [O] BUG: in beamer export non-beamer tags exported as part of header

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: in beamer export non-beamer tags exported as part of header
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 14:21:37 +0200

> Hello,
>
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> \section[Level 1]{Level 1\hfill{}\textsc{andHereIsTheTag}}
>
> IIUC, according to this line, tags should be removed from the toc.
>
> This issue may be related to Beamer.

>From the Beamer manual, 10.2 (latest TL version):

     \section<⟨mode specification⟩>[⟨short section name⟩]{⟨section name⟩}

     Starts a section. No heading is created. The ⟨section name⟩ is shown in
     the table of contents and in the navigation bars, except if ⟨short section
     name⟩ is specified. In this case, ⟨short section name⟩ is used in the
     navigation bars instead. If a ⟨mode specification⟩ is given, the command
     only has an effect for the specified modes.

I guess the most sane solution is to not support tags:not-in-toc in
ox-beamer (or in general).

A latex hack might be something like this (untested):

    \section{title}
    \section<beamer>*{title \hfill :tags:} % to not mess up if someone uses
article mode

Here’s another hack that can be applied in a org latex document class.

    http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/203105/short-section-name-in-toc

Rasmus

--
Look, it is what it is because of what it was